The Florida Strawberry Growers Association represents over 75 grower members farming over 10,000 acres of strawberries in Florida with the majority being in the Plant City-Dover area. In addition, FSGA offers associate memberships to allied industries that would like to join our vast network.
FSGA is a voluntary organization that represents the majority of Florida strawberry growers as members. Growers pay $50.00 per planted acre as dues. The Association represents growers on a wide variety of issues and policies, works to increase consumption and helps keep strawberry production profitable in Florida.
Member Service has always been a top priority for the Florida Strawberry Growers Association. FSGA is leading the fight to reduce and streamline regulations and eliminate duplication.
FSGA representatives have served on the Planning Commission, Greenway’s Task Force, and the Agricultural Task Force. Currently, FSGA holds positions on the Agricultural Economic Development Council and Southwest Florida Water Management District Agricultural Advisory Committee. Issues include land use and funding for migrant housing, Greenbelt issues, open space, upland habitat, wetlands, environmental regulations and property rights.
The Association has been in the forefront during every crisis over the past decades, representing growers during drought, hail, floods and freezes. Whenever growers need to provide input to governmental agencies, FSGA serves as the industry’s mediator.
Our Associate Membership consists of 5 levels and the dues are payable annually.
Our associate members receive various benefits throughout the year based on the level of membership that they choose. According to our Bylaws we cannot publish our grower addresses. However, one of the perks that our Associate Members have found to be very beneficial is our mail-out service. Any member can prepare a mail-out that they would like to send to our growers (stuff it, seal it, and stamp it), and send it to us. We will attach address labels and deposit in the mail it for them. This allows Associates to reach our growers without having access to our list. There is a $25.00 charge for this service if you are a base member.
Gold Members ($2,000/year)
- Biogenic Reagent Ventures, LLC
- Chemical Dynamics
- Farm Credit of Central Florida
- Harrell’s Fertilizer
- Highland Packaging Solutions
- International Paper
- Yara North America
Silver Members ($1,000/year)
- Arkema, Inc.
- Arysta Life Science
- Carden & Associates, Inc.
- Fishbach Land Company
- Kennco Manufacturing
- Patterson Companies
- RCS Company
- CBC Saunders Real Estate
Bronze Members ($500/year)
- Bingham On-Site Portables, LLC
- Brandt Consolidated Inc.
- Brown & Brown Insurance of Tampa
- Everglades Farm Equipment
- G.W.Allen Nursery, Ltd.
- Luc Lareault, Inc.
- Sierra Cascade Nursery Inc.
- The Andersons
- Wells Crop Insurance
Base Members ($250/year)
- Anna Leigh Farms
- Caltec Ag. Inc.
- Carther Plants, Ltd.
- Cedar Point Nursery
- Central Florida Media Group
- C.O. Keddy Nursery
- Crop Protection Services of Florida
- Crown Nursery
- Diamond R Fertilizer
- Dow AgroSciences
- Ekland Marketing
- Ferme R. Labrecque, Inc.
- FIS Outdoor, Inc.
- Florida Foundation Seed Producers
- Florida Fruit and Vegetable Association
- Flo-Tec Automation
- FMC Corporation
- Gowan Co.
- G P Solutions
- Gulf Coast Research and Education Center
- Harvest Croo, LLC
- Helena Chemical Co.
- Hillsborough Cooperative Extension Service
- Hopewell Funeral Home
- In the Field Magazine
- Island Grove Ag Products
- ISM Enterprises
- James Ashworth LLC
- Jet Harvest Solution
- John Deere Water
- Kichler Farms
- Lacy Brown Specialty Advertising, LLC
- Lassen Canyon
- Lochloosa Lake Farm
- Marrone Bio Innovations
- Monte Packaging Company
- Netafim USA, Ltd.
- Oak Haven Farms
- Overlook Harvesting
- Pathway Biologic, LLC
- Phyton Corporation
- Powerlift Doors of Florida
- Preferred Source, LLC
- Rabo AgriFinance
- Ramos Engineering
- Spicam Rotam
- Sunbelt Lawn & Tractor
- Syngenta, Inc.
- TKI (Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc.)
- Toro Micro-Irrigation
- Tradewinds Power Corporation
- Triest Ag Group, Inc.
- Triest Irrigation
- TWC Distributors
Our handlers are listed so you may select a supplier for fresh Florida strawberries. Our handler members pay voluntary assessments to the Association in the amount of $.02/flat on Florida strawberries handled by their facility for each grower member of the Florida Strawberry Growers Association. Among other benefits, we provide for our Handlers with point-of-purchase material to assist their retailers in promoting fresh Florida strawberries.
The nursery list consists of nurseries throughout the United States and Canada that have signed a licensing agreement with the Florida Strawberry Patent Service allowing them to sell Florida patented strawberry plants to growers for fruit production. Our Florida patented varieties are Sweet Charlie, Rosa Linda, Earlibrite, Florida Radiance, Florida Elyana, Strawberry Festival, Carmine, Winter Dawn, and Winterstar™.
- Balamore Farm Ltd, 902-668-2004, Canada
- Bard Farms, 336-982-3648, North Carolina
- C O Keddy Nursery LLC, 902-678-4497
- CanadaCrown Nursery LLC, 530-529-6488, Canada
- Cedar Point Nursery, 541-880-8826, California
- Ekland Markering Co, 530-345-4476, California
- EZ Grow Farms, 519-875-4751, Canada
- Ferme Labreque Inc, 902-853-4184, Canada
- G W Allen Nursery Ltd, 902-678-7519, Canada
- H B Morse & Sons, 902-538-9389, Canada
- Kichler Farms Ltd, 519-428-2507, Canada
- Kube Pak Corporation, 609-259-3111, New Jersey
- Lassen Canyon Nursery, 916-223-1075, California
- Lewis Nursery and Farms, 919-675-2394, North Carolina
- Luc Lareault Ltd, 450-586-1850, Canada
- Millen Farms Ltd, 902-662-3820, Canada
- NorCal Nursery Inc, 916-527-6200, California
- Norton Creek Farms, 828-743-3674, North Carolina
- Pacific Ag Research, 805-594-1800, California
- Pepiniere A Masse, 450-469-3380, Canada
- Planasa, LLC, 530-524-2468, California
- Saskatchewan Strawberry Plant Producers, 306-653-4038, Canada
- Severt Tree Farms, 336-982-3809, North Carolina
- Sierra Cascade Nursery Inc, 530-254-6867, California
- Silver Lake Farms LLC, 813-323-6324, Florida
- Strawberry Tyme Farms Inc, 519-426-3099, Canada
- Treeland Nursery, 336-982-4444, North Carolina
- Westech Agriculture Ltd, 902-853-4184, Canada
Our supporting growers each pay a voluntary assessment to the Association in the amount of $50/acre of strawberries planted each year. In return, the grower members in good standing receive a rebate at the end of the season for Florida patented plants that they purchased. Members who heavily support Florida varieties may receive back in rebates more than they paid in assessments to the Association during the year.
The Board of Directors are hardest working members of our organization and they do it all for free.
Florida Strawberry Growers Association Board of Directors
Todd Jameson, President
David Spivey, Vice-President
Andy McDonald, Secretary
Joel Connell, Treasurer
Lisa Fox, At-Large